Amla, also known as Indian gooseberries, is a fruit that grows from a tree with the same name. The fruits, which are approximately the size of a golf ball and have a pit and thin skin, are about the size of a golf ball. Sour, bitter, and astringent have been described as their flavors.
Grown in India and neighboring countries, amla has developed a reputation as a “superfruit” worldwide. Historical records also show that amla has been used in Ayurvedic medicine remedies for at least a thousand years. Ayurvedic medicine is a medical method founded on the notion that good health and happiness necessitate a careful balance of mind, body, and spirit.
This exotic superfruit is mainly known for its natural abundance of vitamin C. Fresh amla berries have the same amount of vitamin C as 20 oranges in a 100-gram serving.
Health Benefits of Vitamin C from Amla
- Supports healthy, glowing skin – Amla extract’s strong vitamin C content can help to encourage vibrant, healthy skin by acting as an antioxidant. Aside from vitamin C, amla extract contains several other potent antioxidants that can help protect your skin from oxidative stress and improve its general health.
- Promotes healthy cardiovascular function – Amla extract can assist in maintaining healthy cholesterol levels that are already within the normal range. Which can help support healthy cardiovascular function. Being a rich source of vitamin C, it may also have antioxidant effects that help fight oxidative stress and maintain a healthy heart.
- Supports healthy eye function – Amla is a great way to keep your eyes healthy. It is high in antioxidants like vitamins A and C, protecting your eyes from oxidative stress and help them work properly.
- Promotes healthy liver function – Because of its inherent chelating characteristics, amla extract has long been utilized in Ayurvedic medicine. This is to encourage the body’s natural ability to remove toxins. According to a study published in the journal Food & Function, amla extract can help maintain optimal liver function.
- Supports healthy immune function – Amla fruits contain up to 30 times more vitamin C than oranges. Vitamin C, being a potent antioxidant, helps maintain a healthy immune system by defending the body from external assaults. According to a study published in the International Journal of Pharmaceutics, Amla extract supplements can help maintain a healthy immune system.
- Promotes healthy digestive function – vitamin C can help maintain a healthy digestive system by nourishing your friendly gut bacteria and encouraging healthy teeth and gums. According to a 2014 study published in the American Journal of Food Technology, it may also assist in preserving digestive health.
- Supports sensible weight management plans – Supplementing with amla extract combined with regular exercise and a balanced diet can help you achieve your acceptable weight management objectives.
Whole food sources of vitamin C are generally superior to supplements. Amla extract is a fantastic natural source of pure, easily absorbed vitamin C. Aside from vitamin C, amla extract is high in antioxidant flavonoids and polyphenols, which can help protect your body from damaging free radicals and improve your general health.
Organic amla extract, a highly bioavailable type of natural vitamin C extracted from fresh amla berries farmed under stringent organic standards, is used in Groovy Bee® Amla C capsules. Each capsule of pure vitamin C supplement is free of gluten, GMOs, excipients, carriers, binding agents, and chemical additives. These premium vitamin C capsules are also vegan, Kosher-certified, and lab-tested for glyphosate, heavy metals, and microbiology to ensure cleanliness and purity. A single serving of Groovy Bee® Amla C Capsules provides 125 mg of highly accessible vitamin C (208 percent of the Daily Value).