Beets, commonly known as beetroot or table beets, are high in betalain. This powerful antioxidant gives them their distinctive deep-red color.
The taproots of the beet plant, whose leaves can also be used in salads, are known as beets. Beets are a versatile vegetable that may be used in a variety of cuisines. They are an excellent source of sucrose, a sugar found in plants, despite their characteristic earthy flavor. As a result, when properly cooked or dried and packaged as a concentrate, beets can taste sweet.
Beets are high in critical minerals, antioxidants, and other plant elements found in organic beets. According to researchers, these beneficial components are also linked to the many health benefits connected with beets, such as promoting physical and mental health and guarding against oxidative stress.
Because of their numerous health-promoting characteristics, beets have been used in Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) for a long time. TCM practitioners recommend Beets to assist healthy liver and brain functions. Beets are also used to relax the mind and spirit.
Today, beets are well-known nowadays for their excellent nutritional profile. Beets are high in bioactive substances, including carotenoids and nitrates, in addition to vital vitamins and minerals. These chemicals are responsible for many of the health advantages linked with beets.
Health Benefits of Beets
- Beets include beta-carotene, a pigment present in many brightly colored vegetables such as carrots and squash, which helps maintain healthy vision. Lutein and zeaxanthin are also abundant in beets. These antioxidants can help you keep your eyesight healthy by preventing free radical damage.
- Boron, copper, and magnesium are minerals found in beets that help maintain strong, healthy bones. Beets are also high in potassium, a mineral that promotes bone mineral density.
- Beetroots have significant quantities of betaine, which can help to support a good mood. Beets also contain tryptophan, a naturally occurring amino acid that can aid to soothe the mind and promote peace. Beets are widely used in TCM to improve mood because of these two components.
- Beets are high in dietary fiber, which aids with digestion. This macronutrient promotes appropriate intestinal regularity, which aids digestion. Beets have high levels of betaine, which can help you maintain healthy stomach acid levels within normal limits.
- Beets have a high fiber content yet are low in calories. As a result, they can assist you in achieving reasonable weight control objectives, especially when combined with a healthy diet and frequent exercise.
- Vitamin C, which is abundant in beets, is a vital component that promotes good immunological function. According to a study, Vitamin C appears to assist your body’s natural generation of white blood cells, which protect you from external threats.
- Nitrates in beets can help you think more clearly by supporting proper blood flow to your brain. In fact, according to research published in the Journals of Gerontology, consuming beet juice and frequent exercise can help older persons improve their cognitive function.
Incorporate beets in your everyday diet with Groovy Bee® Organic Freeze-Dried Beet Juice Powder. A pound of powder of this highly concentrated premium freeze-dried beet powder contains the essential vitamins and minerals equivalent to 15 pounds of certified organic beets.
Groovy Bee® Organic Freeze-Dried Beet Juice Powder uses cutting-edge freeze-drying technology to preserve the nutritional value and flavor of beets. It’s vegan, non-China, non-GMO, and Kosher and organically certified. It is also thoroughly lab tested for glyphosate, heavy metals, and microorganisms.
How Yo Use Your Beet Juice Powder
Mixing organic freeze-dried beet juice powder with other foods and products is one method to include beets into your routine. You may use organic freeze-dried beet juice powder for the following things in addition to preparing a refreshing beet juice:
- Smoothies – Mix a teaspoon of organic freeze-dried beet juice powder into your favorite post-workout smoothie to boost the nutritional value.
- Sauces – For a splash of color and extra nutrition, add organic freeze-dried beet juice powder to your marinara or tomato sauce.
- Applesauce – If you have picky eaters, try mixing a teaspoon of beet juice powder into your applesauce. You can also sneak the powder into other desserts, adding nutritional value to it.
- Pancakes – Pinkish-red pancakes are a pleasant and exciting way to start the day. Combine organic freeze-dried beet juice powder with your pancake recipe and cook as usual to make these DIY pancakes.
- Food coloring – For recipes like red velvet cake and pies, organic beet juice powder is an excellent natural food coloring. It may impart color to your culinary masterpieces without producing any health issues, unlike artificial food coloring. Keep in mind that the more powder you apply, the darker the color will be.